Which new socket A Mother Board

Ballie 14:11 31 Jan 2005

I want to update my motherboard and was hoping I could get some advice, I want a socket A board with AGP to run my Barton 3000+ (333mhz) cpu and my BFG Gforce 6600GT graphics card, my budget is up to £100 so I should be able to get any one I want, I have been looking at the ASUS A7N8X range but I have also read some nightmares with this board, I also looked at the MSI K7N2 Platinum. I know that are many makes to choose from Gigabite, etc.

Can anyone recommend one?

Noelg23 14:16 31 Jan 2005

well I use MSI for all my mobos when I am building PCs so I would really recommend them without a second thought...altho PC Chips and ASUS are good as well but for me always MSI...go to click here and read about the MSI K7N2 Platinum...

Ballie 14:27 31 Jan 2005

I have a MSI 6712 KT4V-L at the moment which has been a good board, however for reasons already disscused on this forum "pulling my hair out" I want to update, is the K7N2 Platinum much better? have you tried one.

Totally-braindead 15:08 31 Jan 2005

Have a look at click here theres 2 pages to look through, once you've decided on a short list try click here and see if the motherboards are listed, can't recommend a board personally, built a few MSI based PCs as well as a couple of AsRock ones and a couple of others as well, all the PCs are fine with no major problems reported, personally I've got a Gigabyte GA7VAXP and its excellent though no longer available. If I had to choose a Socket A motherboard now I'd go for something based on a NForce 2 chipset I think but the next time I upgrade I'll be going for a SATA board with PCI express, and won't be doing this for a while yet.

Ballie 15:31 31 Jan 2005

I think I will order a MSI K7N2 Delta just need to decide to go for Delta ILSR, Delta L or Delta 2 Platinum. I prusum the Platinum is the best one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?