Which laptop should I get?

Rhys Thomas 12:39 06 Nov 2018
Answered

I have a budget of £1000 but would preferably like to spend around £800-900. I built a gaming PC 4 years ago and sold it as I need a laptop as I'm moving about and for uni and traveling etc, but there are so many that are so similar and I can't decide. I'm currently on a gap year trying to decide between doing graphic design in uni next year or doing environmental science, both will require decently demanding software such as Photoshop for graphic design or GIS for environmental science. However even if I choose to go with environmental science I would still love to do some graphic design on the side. So I need a laptop that can handle the software, I don't need a touchscreen btw. I would also like to do some light gaming, but mainly games like call of duty, FIFA, football manager, nothing heavy, and it wouldn't be all the time, just now and again when I'm bored. Also not bothered about fps or playing at the highest settings. The battery life doesn't concern me too much, easy to carry around the charger. I need a good screen for graphic design. Preferably 15", but would go for 14" Nd maybe 13". I'd happily get refurbished or used if it's in very good condition, so any options that are above my budget but could be below if used, I can consider. So yeah, good screen, good for Photoshop etc, good for light gaming, last me a while. Also don't mind amd apu's if you recommend them for what I need. Thanks in advance for any help

john bunyan 13:58 06 Nov 2018
Answer

This is a bit over but has 500gig SSD and 7I processor. A young friend bought one at below £1000 a month ago

j Lewis ASUS Zenbook

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL