Which laptop is perfect for me?

Klopp_1996 14:16 18 Nov 2018

Hello all,

So I've had my current laptop for 4 years now and it's time for a change. It's had a good run, but it's only got an i3 processor and I've been having some problems with it (mostly running videos smoothly). I was looking to buy a new one in the Black Friday sales. Problem is, at this moment there doesn't seem to be good deals (at least in UK stores/online retailers). I might just go with one that isn't on sale.

What do I need it for? I mostly use it to watch Netflix, YouTube, videos. Use social media. The only game I play on it is Football Manager, although if I get a decent one I would try and play more games on it. Therefore, I would preferably like an i7 processor. I've been told (I'm not that good when it comes to laptop specs) that I'd be best off with SSD rather than HDD. I would also preferably like 8 GB RAM. My budget is £600. I know this is quite small for all my requirements, so I am willing to compromise either on the price or on one of the specs I want.

Cheers.

wee eddie 14:50 18 Nov 2018

From what I've been told, an i5 would be sufficient, for your needs, with as high a Graphics Specification you can find. Go with an SSD, but if available ones are too small/expensive, a Disk Drive with 7200rpm would be second best

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable