which hdmi port asus n550jv? ok to go for 4k?

samzzz 18:08 05 Jul 2018

Hi, I have Asus n550jv laptop with 750m nvedia. i am considering 4k monitor(getting good deal). I know this card not suitable for 4k resolution, but I can stick to 30 hz . The real issue is, to go with 4k monitor, whether my hdmi port is 1.4 or above or not, as its no where mentioned in specifications. Is there anyway i can figure out which hdmi my laptop has? My primarily use for system will be 3d design and graphic design.

mrcalif 18:26 05 Jul 2018

Your misunderstanding the HDMI Spec. It mostly only applies to AV Equipment.

samzzz 18:36 05 Jul 2018

I read somewhere that you can connect 4k monitor to laptop with any graphic card if you have hdmi 1.4 port on laptop. plz advise.thanks

mrcalif 19:11 05 Jul 2018

I read somewhere that you can connect 4k monitor to laptop with any graphic card if you have hdmi 1.4 port on laptop. plz advise.thanks

There are no HDMI Ports on a Laptop that fully support the HDMI 1.4 Standard. As an example: No ARC or Ethernet over HDMI on Computer Graphics Cards.

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 8 Review

Adobe confirms it’s working on a full Photoshop for the iPad

Apple announces new MacBook Pros for 2018

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?