Which desktop to buy out of these options?

USCitizen 18:03 03 Oct 2015

Hello, I want a computer under $400, and I have been looking online. So far I have found these two:

1. ASUS M32AD Desktop (Core i3, 8GB, 1TB, Windows 10)
  2. Dell - Inspiron Desktop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

Do you have any recommendations? I am looking for a computer tower, not all-in-one or laptop. And I also want it to have some speed and last some years.

Thanks!

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

The Kestrel 18:31 03 Oct 2015

It's difficult to compare the two PCs mainly because the Dell specs. do not include details of which processor is used, only that it is an Intel processor. My wife has an Asus tower PC and has been very pleased with the performance.

You don't say what you wish to use the PC for. If you intend to use it for gaming you may well find that you require a PC with higher specifications.

USCitizen 19:03 03 Oct 2015

Thank you "The Kestrel" I also found this: click here

I'm not sure about this but I was told that HPs are not as good? The main purposes of the PC is just to run chrome, office, and photoshop. Not any gaming. Thanks!

USCitizen 13:49 04 Oct 2015

Please, is there any one else who can provide me some advice? Thanks!

The Kestrel 15:48 04 Oct 2015

If you are heavily into photo editing using photoshop, you might be better off with a PC that has a dedicated graphics card, rather than onboard graphics. If not the Asus with a core i3 processor would be fine for your needs.

USCitizen 01:28 19 Nov 2015

Hi! I bought this one: click here Please how would you compare this to the other one ASUS? I got it for $300, and I chose this since it was 50% off. Please let me know if it was a smart decision. If not, I can return it.

[email protected] 08:08 19 Nov 2015

ASUS in $339.99 is still better than the one you've bought in 300 bucks; the one by ASUS at AMAZON is based on 8 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD (which is double than what you've got in $300).

USCitizen 11:49 19 Nov 2015

I really wish I could cancel it now. But what about the money? The Asus one only has a $110 decrease whereas dell went from 685 to 300. I thought since the dell used to be so expensive, it would be better.

[email protected] 13:39 19 Nov 2015

Sometimes the sales dept. put the prices a little higher, so they could easily trap the people with minimal knowledge about that particular product.

USCitizen 01:25 25 Nov 2015

Wow thanks. I did not know that! I have cancelled the order. Hey just a question:

For a computer like the Dell one, what do you think would be a fair-er estimate of the price? $200? or $100? (500GB and 4GB memory?)

Thanks!

USCitizen 19:34 25 Nov 2015

I am hoping to maybe get a discount? Maybe $200 would be the appropriate price for this computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)