Which connector for this port?

  Graham* 10:38 16 Jun 2012

I am looking to connect a Mac to an external monitor. This is the only port on the Mac, which cable do I need to connect to VGA on the monitor?


  onthelimit1 11:17 16 Jun 2012

Called a mini dvi - adaptor to VGA here

  Graham* 11:25 16 Jun 2012

Thanks, will it be long enough?

  onthelimit1 11:31 16 Jun 2012

I think the idea is that it plugs into an existing VGA cable!

  Graham* 11:33 16 Jun 2012

Ah, so I'll need a VGA male to female cable too.

  onthelimit1 11:38 16 Jun 2012

Doesn't look as though full length dvi to VGA cables are available, so yes, except you need male to male, I think?.

  KRONOS the First 11:45 16 Jun 2012

Something like this: Vga Cable.

  onthelimit1 12:19 16 Jun 2012

Yup, that's the one.

  Graham* 16:31 16 Jun 2012

News Flash

I've found a HDMI on the monitor. I've now ordered 1 and 2

  wiz-king 20:32 16 Jun 2012

Totally off topic - have you got a new URL for the PCA posters photos? I kooked for it today and it has gone awol.

  Graham* 21:00 16 Jun 2012

Microsoft pulled the plug. They wanted us to take up 365 at $6 a month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)