where is storage folder for remembered passwords

newts 10:54 27 Mar 2005

Can someone direct me to where passwords are stored, the one you ask XP home to remember for you. I have Netgear Lan and want to upgrade the firmware. It remembers the password automatically and I can open netgear modem but when I update the firmware it wants the password again and I cannot remember it. It won't volunteer it automatically. I know I can reset the netgear modem back to factory issue but that means resetting everything for two laptops plus the desktop which I don't want to do if I can help it as I had enough trouble setting it up satisfactorilly in the first place.The modem is netgear DG834G

Chris the Ancient 13:23 27 Mar 2005

but one for later.

I use a special password utility...

click here

I only need to remember one password - the one to get into passkeeper - and everything else is stored in there.

smokingbeagle 14:08 27 Mar 2005

Haven't used this myself but Revelation from
click here
can do the job.

newts 15:06 27 Mar 2005

Thanks ßéLâ, yes thats where they are but as you say they are all encrypted so unreadeable. Will explore further

newts 15:21 27 Mar 2005

thanks smokingbeagle. Have downloaded revelation and that works for most except the very one I want, ie netgear. That must have its encryption or something. Thanks anyway, revelation which is free, will reveal all otherwise which is a bit disconcerting if you are trying to conceal them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?