Where are my pop ups?

Gary1638 09:55 17 Jan 2003
  Gary1638 09:55 17 Jan 2003

Help! I installed an anti pop up programme, but since then I am unable to access some web site links that could be described as 'pop ups'. I switched the programmeoff, and have now uninstalled it, but all I get is a empty window when I click on certain links, e.g. on my banks homepage if I click on the button to log on for internet banking, all I get is this empty window. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gary

Old PC man 13:26 17 Jan 2003

Try holding down the shift button when you click on the link as this should temporarily disable the anti pop-up. If this works then the program is still running and you need to find some other way of uninstalling it.

Conversely, you could keep the pop-up stopper and just use the Shift-click to disable it for the pages you want to view.

bonkers 16:23 17 Jan 2003

Your pop-up stopper may have disabled scripting. Go to Tools-Internet Options-Security-Internet Zone. Click on Custom Level, scroll down to Scripting and select 'enable' in the three different sections.

Gary1638 21:11 17 Jan 2003

Thankyou both, but unfortunately neither solution worked! The Scripting was still enabled, and using the shift key makes no difference. If I had any hair I'd pull it out. But I don't!!!

VoG™ 21:58 17 Jan 2003

Quit all programs that are running.

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

Gary1638 20:40 18 Jan 2003

VoG,

Worked a treat. Very grateful, thanks.

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts