I have just bought a new Lenovo PC running Windows 7 and set up Windows Live Mail for my email. I have 3 email accounts a 'gmail' address, 'googlemail' address and a 'talktalk' address. The 2 google accounts are set up as IMAP and the talktalkone as POP3. I get emails OK from the talktalk account but the Google accounts are mystifying.If I send an email from my old PC or my wife's PC and watch for them coming through they are OK but if I send the same email and don't try to read it until some time later I can't find it.
We were away for the weekend and I came home to NO google emails, the talktalk ones were OK.
Yes, I've checked sending from my old PC and from my wife's laptop. Sometimes they get through but others just disappear. It's baffling. I've sent the same email to my gmail address and copied it to my googlemail one and one will get through but not the other. It seems that if I'm at the PC when they arrive it's OK but if I check later they don't. I'm not a novice, I've been involved with PCs for donkeys years but never seen anything like this!