What's tv out?

bythor 15:52 02 Aug 2004

Got a new pc with an ATi Radeon 9100. Does anyone want to enlighten me as to what tv out is and any other info I ought to know about the Radeon?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 02 Aug 2004

a connection usually 5 pin s-video connection allows you toconect video to a TV/DVD player

However audio connect from sound card to red /yellow plugs.

Stuartli 16:29 02 Aug 2004

It's what it infers - the means to output the card's signal to a television set using appropriate leads.

Full review of the ATi card:

click here

Stuartli 16:32 02 Aug 2004

Eh?

Reminds me of the old saying about fools rush in.....

bretsky 16:33 02 Aug 2004

It allows you to hook up your PC with your tv monitor via a special lead from the "TV out" socket to usually a mini din socket on the front of your tv set called An S video input, see your tv manual if yours has one (I have a sony trinitron)
For more info click here
Read the whole page.

bretsky ;0)

recap 16:34 02 Aug 2004

click here it may give you some information, and click here for the Radeon preview

bretsky 17:03 02 Aug 2004

jonnytub-the shorter the better, my cable is 3 metres and I still get a great picture off my tv set.

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 17:24 02 Aug 2004

I'm not called Stuart Little.

Read your original posting again, monitor your reaction and hopefully be enlightened.

Stuartli 17:41 02 Aug 2004

The recent Aldi Tevion Scart Lead Set included a 10 metre S-Video and 10-metre RCA cables and an S-Video adapter. Price, £5.99 and, so it's claimed, all gold plated...:-)

Got one at the time as some ripoff stores charge more than that just for a basic Scart cable - price at CPC in Preston for Scart cables, for instance, is £1.99 plus VAT.

GaT7 18:00 02 Aug 2004

Very kind offer Dorsai : )) I've just sent you a message. Thanks, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Quel est le meilleur Fitbit pour votre enfant ?