Whats this? helpcentre in progs folder???

AngeTheHippy 05:19 19 Feb 2005

Morning Chaps, Just having a look around my PC (couldn't sleep..)and have found in my Programs folder a folder that I do not recognise. It's called helpcentre. Within this folder are 4 items: EHC, which says AutoPlay Media Studio 4.0 runtime. Indigo Roose Corporation. EHC.APM-apm file 1kb, EHC - this is a WinRar zip file. 19,506kb and data. Within this data file are: AMSLNG.9 9File,31kb, MENU1.BAH BAH file,17kb & MENU.BAL BAL file,4kb. When I opened the WinRar archive, I expanded one of the many entries. When it had unzipped, I got the 'Virus Detected' window (I'm using AVG, installed 2 days ago)and was given the choice of what to do with the file. I couldn't do ANYTHING with it - it wouldn't quarentine, delete, or anything. The message under the 'Virus Detected' heading was:

c:\document~1\Ange\LOCALS~1\TEMP\Rar$EX15.609\ehc\hc2\printers\troubleshooting\ep1.bmp.shs
Warning: Hidden extension .shs.

Now, there are loads of folders within that hc2 folder, XP,Virus,USB,Software,PDF,images,image_devices,graphics,
glossary,firewall,display,disabled devices,data_storage,connecting,coms,CD_DVD,Audio
and _notes. I really dont remember this folder. Does anyone know what it is please? Is there REALLY a virus, or did AVG flag it as one because of this hidden file .SHS ?

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?