whats happened some web pages dont load

bugzee 21:49 16 Jun 2004

hi guys , i have just encountered a problem on some web pages , when they load i get little boxes
with three little triangles in them ,any ideas please os windows 98se IE6

THE TERMINATOR 22:56 16 Jun 2004

where is the site?

bugzee 23:13 16 Jun 2004

this one of them click here

Belatucadrus 23:32 16 Jun 2004

The Strataform site is a Flash site and it may be that you need Flash player to see it click here

Bugzee 23:41 16 Jun 2004

hi Belatucadrus i already have flash player and shockwave installed already

THE TERMINATOR 23:57 16 Jun 2004

Are these the latest players, it could be that you have old ones?

THE TERMINATOR 00:06 17 Jun 2004

in IE click on tools, intenet options, click on the advanced tab, and make sure enable 3rd party browser extensions

Bugzee 00:10 17 Jun 2004

i really dont know , i clicked on the link and the same thing happened ,is there a way of uninstalling flash and starting again ?

end 01:50 17 Jun 2004

or....???have u got a programme on your computer that prevents display of certain pages unless you "allow " them??? mine is Guard IE, and IT is stopping THAT page from displaying; I ahve just tested it and my programe IS blocking it, and I testd it " unblocked" and it loaded......have you anything like that on your system that needs " unblocking"?????....just a thought......

Bugzee 02:13 17 Jun 2004

hi end ,i have only just read your posting and hey
presto i had a look in spywareblaster and there it was,flash player box was ticked ,wot a berk thanks alot for your help
regards Bugzee

end 08:44 17 Jun 2004

I had exactly the same problem with my BTBroadband flash player site , and my btopenworld e mails....both drove me NUTS, until "the penny dropped";its often something extremely simple and seemingly " very stupid" that IS " the solution"...I am very much a novice on computers and frequently " learnign the hard way"........
isnt it lovely when things DO "work"...???!!!!

am glad I posted for you and was able to help resolve YOUR problem......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?