What is this strange folder

davecartman 10:33 04 Mar 2018
Answered

On my very cluttered desktop, W7 I have suddenly spotted a folder I do not recognise. It is named hdsentinelproportable. It is 41.3MB contains one folder and 130 files. I have opened it and not being at all high tech I cannot work out what it is, can anyone enlighten me and does it pose some sort of threat ? Thanks in advance.

geoff96 10:59 04 Mar 2018

Has SMART on your hard drive shown a problem?

Have you tested your hard drive / drives for problems?

Here

mole44 10:59 04 Mar 2018

Gooled it like you should have click here

davecartman 11:20 04 Mar 2018
Answer

Thanks for both replies. I have never tested my hard drive as I don't know how to do it. It would seem from the links it is legitimate software ( why didn't I think of Google ) but I never downloaded it or if I did I was not aware of it at the time so how it got there is a mystery.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?