what should I spend money on?

pookie 09:55 02 Jun 2003

oh what a problem

1.9 athlonxp, 512 Mb ddr pc2100 ram, gainward ti 4200 64 Mb graphics, windows xp home edition, 13 Gb 5400 speed harddrive, ecs k7 s5a and proview 770 17” monitor. I use only for games.

I am in the fortunate position of trading in a friends old computer parts with a local store and have approx £300 of a credit note. My monitor is naff so the idea is for me to get a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 413 17" monitor in black.

That’ll leave me with approx £120. Now would you suggest that I put the money towards a cd rw, which I’d use only to back up downloaded patches (my system is very stable), a bigger/faster hard drive as every now and then I have to uninstall games to install newer ones (once in a blue moon) or use the £120 and trade in my ti 4200 and get a 5600 ultra.

I do appreciate that I’m in a lucky position here to have this problem as to what to spend money on.

Thanks as always

P

pookie 13:14 02 Jun 2003

Thanks for the replies.
My favourite is 'easyjet luton -> malaga £30 the beach is free and the food is cheap' but I don't think easyjet will accept a computer credit note as payment - unfortunatley.
It's looking like hard drive and cd rw. Many thanks.

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Sony Xperia XZ3