What is PureHD?

Old Un 20:01 28 Mar 2010

Can anyone please tell me what a programme called 'PureHD' is?
Every time I put a new USB Flash drive into my PC and try to look at its properties with Windows Explorer the PC tells me it is installing 'PureHD' and a small progress bar appears. I always stop the action by pressing the 'Cancel' button immediately. I have never allowed it to complete its installation so I don't know what the consiquencies would be but I think it is some sort of Malware. After I have cancelled the action 'Explorer' shows the drives properties in the normal manner.
I have scanned with 'Avast' 'Spybot' and 'SuperAntiSpyware' but none of these reports any Malware. I have also scanned in safe mode. I have searched the internet including the above anti malware sites but cannot find any mention of 'PureHD'.
I am running under 'Windows 7 Home Premium' and this problem has only showed itself in recent weeks.
I would be very greatful if anyone can tell me more about 'PureHD'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 28 Mar 2010

Do you have coral draw?

Start- settings - control panel then add/remove program - select Pue HD and then remove.

Technotiger 20:58 28 Mar 2010

It appears that it is to with Video and involved with/part of, Windows Media Player click here

I reckon it is safe to let it finish installing.

Old Un 09:58 29 Mar 2010

Thankyou very much for responding. I did recently try out a Trial Version of 'Corel Draw' but uninstalled it afterwards. Do you think that it has left something behind? I will now take your advice and allow it to finish installing, hopefully it will leave me alone then.

Old Un 19:22 29 Mar 2010

Thanks to the advise from Fruit Bat and Technotiger I think I have solved my problem. I had originally installed the trial version of Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 and uninstalled it again with a third-party uninstaller (Revo Uninstaller). This programme had not removed the PureHD portion and it continued to attempt installation. I have now downloaded the trail version again and tried to re-install but instead of installing PSP-X3 it uninstalled the remnants that the third party uninstaller had left behind. As far as I can tell everything is now working properly again. Thank you Fruit Bat and Technotiger, you put me on the correct track and I am extremely grateful to both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?