What program(s) is used to srink a Blu-ray into a small file(2 gygas).

nerawan2 15:58 24 Mar 2014

Hi. About 2 years ago I asked about a program to srink a blu-ray BIGGER than 25 gygas into one blu-ray of 25 gygas. Some people spoke about the quality lost in the process, etc. Now a friend downloads this type of blu-ray from torrents and I'm amazed to see that the size is only 1 gyga or 2 and the quality is basically the same. Someone knows how this is done?

aquatarkus 18:32 24 Mar 2014

No just use MakeMKV You can choose which audio stream you want to keep, stereo, 5.1, 7.1 DTS, DTS-HD and True HD.

Once you have converted the BD to MKV you can then use a program called Handbrake to shrink it down even further.

Please be aware though that the small you shrink it down the picture quality will suffer A 25 gig blue ray disk can be compressed down to 1 or 2 gig but the quality will suffer, if only slightly.

When i rip my blue-rays i keep them as 1.1 bit perfect copies but i don't have to worry about space.

Regards Aquatarkus

nerawan2 20:49 24 Mar 2014

MKV srinks the bluRays? and what is the difference with Handbrake?

aquatarkus 23:17 24 Mar 2014

MakeMKV converts the blue-ray disk to the MKV format and can make the resulting file size smaller by about half so a 25 gig blue-ray comes out to about 12 gig. You can then use Handbrake to make the MKV file smaller. look here click here

http://handbrake.fr/

Regards Aquatarkus.

nerawan2 16:27 25 Mar 2014

Thanks for your answer. As I said I was curious about how this process took place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?