Hot Topics

What KVM switch do I need?

  David Cheetham 11:20 10 Jan 2020

I have a gaming laptop and a general use PC, both windows (8 and 10 respectively) I'm looking for the KVM configuration I would need to enable them to share monitor, keyboard and mouse. Laptop has HDMI and USB connections,the PC USB and VGA. Any suggestions please?

  hastelloy 11:09 11 Jan 2020

Take you pick from these

  David Cheetham 11:20 11 Jan 2020

Hi Hastelloy, thanks for the reply. Given that the only connection from the PC to monitor though is VGA, am I right to assume that whichever KVM switch I choose will need to have a VGA connection as well as USB? Cheers

  hastelloy 09:39 12 Jan 2020

You'd need 2 USBs plus a VGA an HDMI. I might be wrong but I don't think any KVM switch has that combination so you would need one of these

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply


Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

You've watched Parasite, now read the storyboards in comic book form

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures lumières connectées (2020)