What is up with this keyboard or PC.

bumpkin 17:25 24 Dec 2016

Over the last few days I find that when typing something in the cursor stops with no further text on the screen. For example I want to type the letter "r" but nothing happens so I keep trying it to no avail. I then pick the keyboard up and shake it and all of them appear. My first thought was loose batteries but I have eliminated that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 24 Dec 2016

you have something running in the background that is taking priority away from the windows you are attempting to write in.

bumpkin 18:35 24 Dec 2016

OK, so what should I look for and disable if appropriate.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 24 Dec 2016

bring up ask manager and see whats running under processes.

maybe disable indexing or auto update for awhile and see what happens.

bumpkin 22:15 24 Dec 2016

Do you not think is the keyboard then, why when I pick it up does it work or maybe that is just the time delay

bumpkin 23:31 24 Dec 2016

A bit more info, to log in I need a password first. When I enter it, it does not always appear so I type it again and still nothing happens. If I pick up the keyboard it suddenly enters it twice, so it is then incorrect. It is a wireless keyboard and I think it is something to do with that.

Govan1x 00:30 25 Dec 2016

Change the batteries maybe.

bumpkin 14:05 25 Dec 2016

First thing I did Govan.

bumpkin 14:22 26 Dec 2016

Still puzzled by this, it just stops displaying the text on the screen at times. If I lift it up then put it down again it does without me re-typing it but sometimes with a few letters missing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 26 Dec 2016

Spam from kotber

bumpkin try moving the wireless sender to a usb2 port and not at rear of PC

bumpkin 21:20 26 Dec 2016

Thanks for the suggestion but that is where it is and has been since I got it. I have moved it to another front port now just to see if it makes any difference. Fine at the moment. It is a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, only about 4ft away from it, mouse has been no problem just this weird thing with the keyboard over the last week or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?