What The Hell Is cg-global.maxymiser.com????

Sizzers 10:38 26 May 2012

Hi.

Not having a rant at you guys, but this is really beginning to P* me off!! On frequent occasions over the past couple of days when I've been trying to connect to a number of web sites (Daily Telegraph and The Guardian being just two examples) they simply won't load. All I get is the message...."Waiting for cg-global.maxymiser.com".

I don't get this all of the time, but it is becoming most of the time. Could some kind person please explain what this is and is there any solution? I use Chrome as my browser.

Many thanks,

Malc.

KRONOS the First 10:49 26 May 2012

Check this. Click here,

Sizzers 11:00 26 May 2012

Hi Chronus, and thanks for your reply.

I had picked that up on google before posting here but I wasn't too sure exactly what it meant. I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to these things, so does it mean that I have to change the proxy settings?

Thanks.

KRONOS the First 11:34 26 May 2012

Unless you are running everything via a proxy then yes you will need to reset the settings to blank.

Sizzers 11:47 26 May 2012

Thanks very much Chronus.

Have done everything has instructed and everything seems to be running fine. Just don't understand how/where the problem came from though.

Sizzers 12:47 26 May 2012

UPDATE: I've since discovered it's a routing problem with Virgin's servers here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?