Hot Topics

What to do when u sell your laptop

Bike-it 17:28 17 Aug 2019

I have just sold my laptop and i know i need to get all my things off it and set it to factory settings, so what is the best way to do this? also will i need to update windows and all the drivers when i reboot the laptop the first time after resetting?

Bike-it 19:10 17 Aug 2019

Thanks, I just found the box of it and inside are three recovery discs I made when I first bought the laptop, is it better to use the discs? When the laptop leave me I want it to be all up to date, oh it's running Windows 10 home.

john bunyan 19:24 17 Aug 2019

Having got it to just having Windows on it I would use C Cleaner or another programme to wipe the unused space. 3 passes should be ok but it takes hours - at least overnight.

john bunyan 19:26 17 Aug 2019

Also read this

selling a pc

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What’s the difference between VPN and Antivirus and do you need both?

These are the best album covers of 2019

How to pick the best iPhone insurance

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)