what digital camera will take good quality shots i

pine stripper 14:08 07 Jul 2003

What is the best digital camera for taking pictures indoors, I want to take photos of large objects like wardrobes, to sell on the internet and cannot find, any thing that will take a bright clear shot,all the photos are too dark, I always end up having to take a photo out side or enhancing the picture on my pc.

hssutton 14:58 07 Jul 2003

Most digital camera's will do what you want. the area you will have to look into is lighting. have you considered buying a builders Halogen lamp, the type that stands on a tripod, you can buy these for around £25 click here

pj123 17:07 07 Jul 2003

Any camera with 1.3 megapixels should be good. I have a 2.00 megapixel camera and I get good pictures. the main thing is don't get too close and switch off the automatic flash. if it is still too dark use a programme like paint shop pro (or others) and adjust it.

Lead 17:31 07 Jul 2003

Best digital camera?

click here&

Lead 17:33 07 Jul 2003

(Does that link work?)

Deano68 18:14 07 Jul 2003

lead, yes it does! nice camera, think i'll buy two! lol

nyx2k 18:29 07 Jul 2003

ive just got a cheap jenoptic jdc2.1 for 80 [pounds from asda and im really suprised how clear the images are especially inside and the best thing is at asda you get at least 2 yrs guarentee and they always honour thier word

ColinD 18:58 07 Jul 2003

Try Canon A70. 3.2Meg pixels, but look at extra lighting or slave flash

Stuartli 19:50 07 Jul 2003

If you are only photographing items of the size of wardrobes and similar furniture items, then a straightforward 2MP digital camera, perhaps with a 3x zoom, and a good in-built flash will be perfectly sufficient.

You will have to ensure that you don't face the item being photographed head-on, otherwise the shiny surface will be reflected in the image.

Best thing is to go to somewhere like Jessops and try out the various models - it will be easy to work out which camera is most suitable, especially with regard to flash output.

Stuartli 19:52 07 Jul 2003

Lead's suggestion was that daft - there are some of the more expensive digital cameras from top brand names that will use their own film SLR lenses and equipment - in that case all you would need is the digital camera body version.

Stuartli 19:53 07 Jul 2003

... that should read "wasn't that daft"...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)