what cable ?

  623058 16:37 14 Jul 2006

I borough myself a jack lead, (as I said earlier)
To try and recorded cassette into Mp3/wav format, any way I have found that the cassette does not have any connection on the back,
so I have found an casstel tape player ( hand held one) with a socket for ear phone, and on the back of my computer in the two speaker socket one green one blue and microphone socket – red

What type of lead will I need to connect up the two?

  Smiler 16:43 14 Jul 2006

You need to look again at the sound card and see if it has a line in socket.

  sean-278262 16:47 14 Jul 2006

what kind of jack lead? you nead a 2.5 to 2.5mm male to male phono cable. Just head to maplins and they will give you want you need to buy.

click here
click here

like these

  woodchip 16:48 14 Jul 2006

Stick it in the mike socket

  sean-278262 16:48 14 Jul 2006

you just plug into the line in, usually the blue one. However I have come across systems that have these mixed up so check the user manual first.


  623058 18:55 14 Jul 2006

I have an cabel called 3.5 strro, - 2xphono

the two small ones are called tip, ring,

but I take it I need a two male conection,
I take it I just go back to the shop and ask for

" male - male phono cable? "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts