What is the best way to send music

johnincrete 05:48 26 Nov 2012

I have 6 full CD's of original music tracks and I want to send them to a friend in Nigeria. Obviously I can copy the CDs and send them by post but the postal service in Nigeria is very unreliable I'm told. I could attach to a series of emails but it would take several. Is there a way of sending the tracks electronically & easily?

johnincrete 11:40 26 Nov 2012

I've installed Dropbox & zipped a folder containing all the music files into the dropbox folder - its nearly 500,000kb. Dropboc is uploading the file - it tells me it will take 17hours at 34.9Kb/sec. I'll leave it running and see what happens! I'm not sure that this is a practical solution.

johnincrete 05:45 27 Nov 2012

The folder of mp3 tracks is 484MB. I zipped it to get the dropbox file of 471MB - just a slight reduction but the dropbox instructions said it had to be a single zip file. There are about 100 music files. I left it running so I don't know how long it took eventually. I'll get to the rest tommorrow.

johnincrete 15:20 27 Nov 2012

Chronos: I followed the DropBox instructions and copied the zipped file to the DropBox folder. Just as the instructions said, it automatically uploaded the contents.

Woolwell How do I measure speeds?

wee eddie 15:45 27 Nov 2012

I know that you have already started but:

One file will be a lot for them to download as well. Would it not have made more sense to have broken it up into several sections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)