What are the benefits of a firestick

ponytail 09:40 28 Mar 2018

Amongst my birthday presents was a Amazon TV Firestick which I have set up.But am I right in saying that most things have to be paid for.I checked a few things such as Peaky Blinders and several films but you have to pay to watch so was wondering what are the benefits of this item.Most of the app's I can already watch on the TV.

john bunyan 10:16 28 Mar 2018

I may be wrong but I think , in the main, it turns a “non smart “ TV into a smart one. If you have, for example, a new Samsung smart TV I think most of the things you could get via a fire stick are already on the TV. Services like Netflix or Amazon films have to paid for either way.

ponytail 10:20 28 Mar 2018

I have a Sony Smart TV and can get most App's on there.I presume if I decided to pay for a film it would show on my Amazon Account.

Forum Editor 14:57 28 Mar 2018

mrcalif

Kodi has attracted negative attention due to the availability of third-party plug-ins for the software that facilitate unauthorized access to copyrighted media content, as well as 'fully loaded' digital media players that are pre-loaded with such add-ons.

The XBMC Foundation (The consortium that developed Kodi) has not endorsed any of these uses, and has taken steps to disassociate the Kodi project from these illegal products, including threatening legal action against those using its trademarks to promote them

Forum Editor 15:48 28 Mar 2018

"However what you fail to mention is KODI is not and has never been illegal."

I made it perfectly clear, thank you, when I said The XBMC Foundation (The consortium that developed Kodi) has not endorsed any of these uses, and has taken steps to disassociate the Kodi project from these illegal products

I think we'll leave it at that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)