What are the benefits of a firestick

ponytail 09:40 28 Mar 2018

Amongst my birthday presents was a Amazon TV Firestick which I have set up.But am I right in saying that most things have to be paid for.I checked a few things such as Peaky Blinders and several films but you have to pay to watch so was wondering what are the benefits of this item.Most of the app's I can already watch on the TV.

john bunyan 10:16 28 Mar 2018

I may be wrong but I think , in the main, it turns a “non smart “ TV into a smart one. If you have, for example, a new Samsung smart TV I think most of the things you could get via a fire stick are already on the TV. Services like Netflix or Amazon films have to paid for either way.

ponytail 10:20 28 Mar 2018

I have a Sony Smart TV and can get most App's on there.I presume if I decided to pay for a film it would show on my Amazon Account.

mrcalif 10:53 28 Mar 2018

Kodi

Forum Editor 14:57 28 Mar 2018

mrcalif

Kodi has attracted negative attention due to the availability of third-party plug-ins for the software that facilitate unauthorized access to copyrighted media content, as well as 'fully loaded' digital media players that are pre-loaded with such add-ons.

The XBMC Foundation (The consortium that developed Kodi) has not endorsed any of these uses, and has taken steps to disassociate the Kodi project from these illegal products, including threatening legal action against those using its trademarks to promote them

mrcalif 15:24 28 Mar 2018

FE

However what you fail to mention is KODI is not and has never been illegal. As you correctly point out it's the third party plugins that fall foul of the Law.

UK government issues advice on what makes 'Kodi boxes’ illegal

Microsoft has releases Kodi on the Xbox One Platform

However I think the topic has been covered here before.

Forum Editor 15:48 28 Mar 2018

"However what you fail to mention is KODI is not and has never been illegal."

I made it perfectly clear, thank you, when I said The XBMC Foundation (The consortium that developed Kodi) has not endorsed any of these uses, and has taken steps to disassociate the Kodi project from these illegal products

I think we'll leave it at that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?