Weird unknown facebook profile file

Ricardo12522 22:03 29 Nov 2016

Hello, this might seem odd, as odd to you as it is to me... I was browsing my files today on my computer, just to rearrange some icons an tidy up a bit, and I noticed something, something very strange. I noticed there was a file on my computer bearing the name of someone I don't know, a name and a chrome shortcut with the same name. When I opened the file, there were various photographs of that person and of friends we had in common on facebook (which I found out later) and some .dll and other files of the sort. However, I have no reminiscence of EVER even visiting this person's profile, I don't believe I haver ever seen him/her in my life... The chrome shortcut simply took me to a buggy Facebook page without any icons or usabe links. I would like to know if it is possible for any one on here to tell me what might have happened? Or if I have multiple personalities and don't recall doing certain things... Thank you in advance

Archonar 16:09 30 Nov 2016

Is it all included within one folder or are the .dll's and other files separate?

lotvic 18:39 30 Nov 2016

If they are all in one folder and a Chrome shortcut, it could be that it is a 'saved webpage complete'. When you click on the shortcut (rightclick and choose Properties) is the Location address in Chrome referring to a www address or is it local address to the file on C:\ ?

But there shouldn't be any .dlls in there...

Archonar 20:27 30 Nov 2016

Yeah the .dlls are confusing me too, that's why I was wondering if they are in the same time as the chrome link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor