Weird TV buzzing sound freeze

Jjjitterbug 18:19 05 Nov 2018

Hi all I have the computer connected to a tv, every one and then the TV makes this buzzing noise and it freezers my computer, so I have no option but to hard reset the computer. Previously when this started happening it was so bad that it crashed my computer and caused it to restart. Is this an electrical fault, power spike maybe? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

wee eddie 18:36 05 Nov 2018

Does, by any chance, the cable that connects the PC to the TV, run adjacent to a power cable or next to a so0cket/plug?

MJS WARLORD 16:08 06 Nov 2018

don't put your cables in small loops to make them look tidy this will cause something called a mains hum , it will also happen if you do the same thing to hi fi speaker cables. make sure your wires are plugged in securely , I caught the jack plug on my pc whilst dusting , it only moved a minute amount but it was enough to make a loud buzzing noise similar to your problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 06 Nov 2018

Nothing to do with the TV its the computer thats making the buzzing and transmitting it to the TV as it locks up.

Freezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans - speed fan will show temperatures

2. PSU voltages - speed fan will also show voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

5. driver conflicts especially graphics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL