weird problem

iashem 18:34 18 Mar 2006

when i open "my pictures folder" i have all my files set to be viewed as thumbnails i also have done some housekeeping and created some folders for certain photos these folders have always shown 4 thumbnails inside the folder tonight some of the folders have now got a blue surround i have about 35% normal and the rest with this blue surround anybody got any ideas

VoG II 18:57 18 Mar 2006

Are they compressed folders click here

iashem 20:04 18 Mar 2006

no this has'nt solved the problem

wbiggchiefy 20:11 18 Mar 2006

strange! what else have you done in the meantime on your PC which could possiblt have affected the folder - more info the better - as the one thing you think will not have affected anything will 9/10 times be the cause.

Chiefy

iashem 20:14 18 Mar 2006

i just opened 1 of the folders and found a file named folder the icon has a blue background and 4 thumbnails on it, "it is a hidden file" i deleted it and everything went back to normal i did this with every other folder and everything seems to be back to normal, i still dont understand what happened originally to cause this

iashem 20:21 18 Mar 2006

i really don't know what i have done as this machine is used less now that we've got a laptop i dont remember installing anything, but as my above response mentioned the folders effected had a file titled "folder" the unaffected folders didn't have this file i don't know what happened but it was a supprisingly simple solution

wbiggchiefy 20:33 18 Mar 2006

try running "ewido" anyway just in case and also do a full antivirus scan with your chosen anti-virus software.
Personally I (and I don't want to scare you) would not be comfortable with any changes on my PC that I have not made myself -
ewido is available free on click here

Chiefy

iashem 20:37 19 Mar 2006

i ran a full virus scan and anti spyware check and no virus or spyware i have NIS 2005 installed and upto date

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?