Website unavailable

juliejm 20:30 17 Aug 2006

I sucessfully set up a freewebs site two months ago. For some reason I am now unable to access the freewebs site on any of my 4 pc's. I have not changed any settings, however other people are still able to access the site on their machines. Can you suggest what is wrong?

AndySD 21:58 17 Aug 2006

Contact freewebs it may be they have a blocking policy if too many pcs from the asme address log in at the same time.

juliejm 22:08 17 Aug 2006

Thanks Andy, unfortunately I don't think that is the answer as I have only ever had one pc logged in at a time. I have just read about a DNS cache on XP - tried to flush it but nothing happened either. Site keeps saying - cannot find server...
Julie

AndySD 23:45 17 Aug 2006

It may be your Hosts file or you have a virus but try ccleaner first.
Have you tried running any anti spyware softwase.

juliejm 12:58 19 Aug 2006

Not sure what host files are or what to do with them - Can you help??
I have run virus scans but I don't have any spyware software. Why would all 4 of the pc's have same problem - could it be something to do with the service provider - it was freeserve-wanadoo, but it has changed to Orange?

juliejm 19:05 21 Aug 2006

Is there anybody else out there that may have an answer to this problem? I have also found out that I cannot get onto the Halifax.co.uk site either, yet I have always used this site in the past too.

Please help!!!!!

AndySD 08:40 22 Aug 2006

Contact Orange, after looking arround on the net it appears there are problem with there service and certain websites.

juliejm 17:46 22 Aug 2006

Thanks Andy. I have spoken to Orange and they have acknowledged there is a problem and hope to have it resolved soon. Fingers crossed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?