web problem

eggy 11:35 28 Jan 2003

I am trying to create an online questionnaire for my final year research project. What I want it to do is that when someone logs on to the site they do the survey the details are sent to an email address. I have designed the questionnaire but I am having the problem of getting it to submit the details to an email.

I have no experience with web programming but I have Dreamweaver and FrontPage so if any body can help me out it would be great.

A draft example of this questionnaire and the problem can be found at

click here

eggy 12:02 28 Jan 2003

nobody got any ideas

cherria 12:06 28 Jan 2003

I thought frontpage directly supported mailing the results of a form once submitted?

Build the form in frontpage, remember to insert a submit button and the properties of the submit button should allow you to specify the actio nis to e-mail to a specified address

eggy 16:18 28 Jan 2003

I created a simple page with two questions in front page now I get another problem. does anyone know what the problem or is there any free hosts that will support this form.

My form is click here

eggy 16:32 28 Jan 2003

please can anbody help me to solve this problem the pressure is on.

Falkyrn 17:13 28 Jan 2003

Try using mailto instead of Post in your action field

Falkyrn 23:45 28 Jan 2003

its the frontpage extensions which are causing the problems for a simple albeit temporary solution change the post line from its present to read

<form method="POST" action=mailto: [email protected]>

a better solution will probably be found here click here at javascript.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?