Web Hosting

rupie 01:08 04 Feb 2006

I want to host my own web site on a computer at home. Bandwidth and volume of traffic is not an issue as the site is not designed as anything but a point of reference for my work. At the moment I have site hosting and forwarding by Netscalibur, my ISP (excellent) I have BBand, anything I need to have and anything I need to know ?

wbiggchiefy 01:11 04 Feb 2006

maybe how to link 3 pc's together inyour own home before moving on to this ( just jokin)

But use a webhosting service its so much easier

rupie 01:27 04 Feb 2006

do'nt start taking the **********, I get that from the daughter ! I need to know about ip address forwarding and the like. at the moment my domain host forwards to the correct places at my ISP. how do I work out my local address and what virus and fire wall precautions are nneded >?

wbiggchiefy 02:32 04 Feb 2006

They do all this for you so you don't have to worry - Try 1&1 , fasthosts etc. (sure ure not a scouser?)

Chill its Friday Night - Well Saturday Morning if u want to get technical an I have 4 kids of 5 and under to look after on my own as the missus will be gettin her one lie in of the week so KNOW THE STRESS!

rdave13 02:37 04 Feb 2006

Bump for tomorrow. wbiggchiefy I've five children but of variouse age and just got my first grandson!!

wbiggchiefy 02:47 04 Feb 2006

As you are obviously so exprienced with binners would you like 2 look after my 4 trainee terrorists tomorrow - Mr Sainsbury hides in the corner shaking in fear whenever they approach his shop!- so do the rest of the shoppers by the way,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?