Web companion program complete removal

Blubottle 10:18 25 Jan 2019

Hi, I am having problems removing Web companion, at the moment I seem to have got rid of most of it but 2-3 minutes after boot up this error sign appears. “ The type initializer for web companion.UI appcore.service .installerservice threw an exception” This appears to slow the boot process on my laptop which has an SSD installed and I have gone from a relitivley fast boot to a longer boot time. Having done some research online the advice offered was to use Total uninstaller but this is costly and it may not work, well that’s my thinking. Some advice please,

alanrwood 15:48 25 Jan 2019

You could try re-installing it then using IOBit Uninstaller to get rid of it again. It does a more thorough job than the built in Windows uninstaller.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 25 Jan 2019

Ctl- Alt -Del look in the start up tab and disable any references to the program, look in the services tab if you see it in there open services an highlight it and stop it change the startup type to disabled.

reboot and retry.

MJS WARLORD 17:42 25 Jan 2019

when you have successfully removed it make sure their is no entry in start menu (msconfig) or pc will hang at boot up looking for it.

Blubottle 18:04 25 Jan 2019

thanks everyone,problem has been sorted by removing ref in the start menue.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, 16in MacBook Pro news and rumours

Xiaomi Mi 9 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs