Web authoring

Budget 10:13 11 Feb 2003

I am thinking of creating my own website. I'd like to use Powerpoint as the basis or if the there is a program that would allow a novice to create a website from scartch without any HTML knowledge then I'd use that.
Any advice on the best program that would allo me to do that would be appreciated.

tran1 10:37 11 Feb 2003

There are many Webhosts on the internet that offer free webspace and the nessessary tools to create websites. HAve a look here click here for a list of free website providers.

For help and advice on webpage design click here

Alternatively, you can get a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) web design program. If you have office installed you may have a copy of frontpage or frontpage express. I don't know of any free ones on the net so you may need to pay if you want a web design program of your own.

Just a suggestion. There is a web page design magazine out now and it has a CD-ROM packed with web developers programs. Its giving away a free full version of 'WebPlus 1.0' a web design program. There are also demos and trial versions of others such as dreamweaver MX etc.

The magazine is called Webpages made easy.

barryoneoff 10:54 11 Feb 2003

with all tools supplied try click here. For a pay site try 1&1. Used both for my site and found them both excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?