Wbsite throws me out

EFC1878 21:12 13 Jan 2008

Can anybody help me with a strange issue.

I have been trying to join Quidco.com and every time I click on 'join us' I have thrown off the net.

Using a differnet pc I managed to register and a verification e-mail was snet to me home pc account.

When I tried followed the link I got an Internet Explorer error message and could not access the site.

Also when I have input my user name and password I am again thrown off the web.

Any ideas what might be happening?

I have done a full virus check [using AVG] and no threats were identified

brundle 21:14 13 Jan 2008

Possibly Javascript problem, reinstall; click here

EFC1878 19:05 15 Jan 2008

brundle.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortuantely I have downloaded the software as suggested as still the site throws whenever I try to join or login.

This is really frustrating as I want to use the site to buy things.

Anymore advice?

EFC1878 21:46 15 Jan 2008

As this is a site that is a tracking site could it be anything to do with cookie and cookie control?

skidzy 21:57 15 Jan 2008

Try in Firefox click here

Something you can try;

In IE Tools / Internet Options / Security / Trusted Sites / sites / and add click here and / close and ok. Now restart IE....does this help ?

birdface 22:07 15 Jan 2008

Might be a Firewall problem .What Firewall do you use and have you got it configured for that site.

birdface 22:09 15 Jan 2008

Try with your Firewall switched off and see if you can get into the site..It could also be one of your add-ons stopping it.You could try turning your add-ons off one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.

EFC1878 22:15 15 Jan 2008

Skidzy - Tried that but it would not allow me to add the quidco address as it had a prefix http:// and required https://

buteman - I run PC Tools Firewall Plus. I don't see Quidco liste din the allowed/blocked applications

EFC1878 22:18 15 Jan 2008

Buteman - I tried with the firewall turned off [thoguh not the windows one] and no change

How do I find out what add-ons I have running?

skidzy 22:28 15 Jan 2008

In IE reset web settings,

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Reset web settings..........you will lose any addons.

EFC1878 22:33 15 Jan 2008

Before I do that what are add-ons? What do they do and how do I add them or even know what I have got?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?