wat tha? one irritating message keeps appearing...

Please [insert name here] 19:11 08 Jun 2003

A while ago, i found an old pc of mine and decided to put it to use again, but when i turned it on, i realised why i had put it away in the back of my room in the first place. A while ago i did something (cant remember what) the caused a certain problem to accour.

When i turn the pc on, it will run in safe mode but when i try and run it in normal, after the 'loading windows 95' screen appears, the screen goes blank and it shows a message that says something like-

error with AUX (or something like that), and underneath:
abort, retry, ignore

but when i press r for retry it just says something like unable to load or something, the same happens with i for ignore so i have to select abort which just shuts the pc down.

can somebody PLEASE help me?

LastChip 20:20 08 Jun 2003

is you re-start the PC, and write down exactly what error messages you are getting, otherwise, it would be quicker to look for the proverbial needle in a haystack!

The other option would be a re-install of the operating system.

thefoolmonte 00:29 09 Jun 2003

This microsoft advert box thing keeps on coming up now right over the interesting parts of the forum before I get the chance to read them. Have tried clicking on the close icon but to no avail and I just can't get rid of the blooming thing.

I realise that this is a free website and has to be paid for by adverts but this one is driving me crazy as I can't get rid of it to read the forum.

Help please Mr Forum Editor.

thefoolmonte 00:33 09 Jun 2003

sorry my mistake - meant to post that on a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)