Was PCA down earlier?

Bodi 09:42 21 Aug 2003

I tried always to get on this site earlier, only to be met with an "Internal error, .... is unable to grant your request" or something similar.

Was it just my ISP?

Bodi

Jester2K II 09:43 21 Aug 2003

Looks like it apart from a posting or two the last post was before midnight last night.

Sever maintainance ??

For a minute there i thought i'd be forum-less for a day...

Brian-336451 09:47 21 Aug 2003

I couldn't sleep after a car alarm about 4.00 am, couldn't log on to the site, but ho hum - here we are again! :)

snoresloudly 09:51 21 Aug 2003

up until about an hour ago i was getting "server error" thought it just me as have loads of trouble logging onto sites since last evening. In fact the whole internet seemed very slow and "buggy".

Bodi 09:54 21 Aug 2003

'cos I managed to get onto other sites and thought maybe I had been banned or something! <grin>

Bodi

The server was down - an error with the software meant that the site was not available over night.

The PCA website runs Macromedia Coldfusion MX. Macromedia have just released the first update for Coldfusion MX (6.1). I have been testing this on another server which appears to work very well - so far it I have found it very stable.

We may upgrade the software early tomorrow morning to avoid this happening again, but it will mean some downtime while this is happening.

Thanks

Olly
PC Advisor

Jester2K II 09:55 21 Aug 2003

Perhaps someone rebooted the internet...

billyliv 10:27 21 Aug 2003

Hi, Thats a relief, I thought it was something I had done!!. Cheers, Bill

Peverelli 14:34 21 Aug 2003

Not between 8 & 9 a.m. please, that's my winding down session before going to bed after night shift. :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)