Want a cheap soundcard !

Derek 08:34 25 May 2004

Or do I...help wanted.
The motherboard built in sound has failed.(All tests prove so !)It's a K7S5A Elite Group.
Question....can I buy any cheapo PCI card just to hear the CD's decently and occasional midi file.

Jakey boy 08:39 25 May 2004

Should be ok click here==

Jakey boy 08:40 25 May 2004

Link was wrong (?) click here

Jakey boy 08:43 25 May 2004

Just use the link and search for "sound card". I found 17 of them, but the link doesn't work for some reason. Good luck!

Stuartli 08:55 25 May 2004

Why not spend just a little more and get a Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value sound card?

You can find one for between £20-£25 and the sound will be superior (providing you have reasonable speakers) to cheapo units.

If you must have a cheapo, then the PCI sound cards that feature the C-Media 8738 chipset and cost around £4 to £7 may well surprise you; not quite in the Creative class, but still very clean and transparent sound quality.

In fact many Elite boards use the C-Media onboard or PCI sound - my own P6BXT-A+ has the 8738 onboard chipset.

The only reason I switched to my Creative SoundBlaster was due to being given it; the overall difference in reproduction from my IBM 2.1 system is basically a slightly more solid sound stage and I wouldn't have any worries about going back to the 8738 if it became necessary.

byfordr 09:17 25 May 2004

click here Good price for the soundblaster. Just installed a couple excellent quality.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?