[email protected]

Teknik 16:13 25 Oct 2003

My yahoomail account is being bombarded with these virus emails but luckily I haven't opened any since I delete the whole lot every few hours and don't use the account now for safety's sake. I've got XP and Norton (which doesn't scan Yahoo) but I want to know if there's a way I can put an end to these emails, or if my computer is in fact, infected. Would it be of any use to run a virus removal tool? I'm in a quandary sob sob. I need to hear from someone out there as all the help pages in Antivirus websites deal only with problems where the viruses have been opened and run.

VoG II 17:30 25 Oct 2003

I don't think there's much you can do except delete them.

If you are worried that you have swen try running Stinger click here

Teknik 17:43 25 Oct 2003

is it ok to run Stinger if I have Norton as well?

VoG II 17:44 25 Oct 2003

Yes. You might want to turn off Norton whilst you run it though.

powerless 17:44 25 Oct 2003

Yes.

palinka 17:49 25 Oct 2003

when I had this problem Chegs recommended using Decombobulator (I may have that name slightly incorrect) from click here.

Fateful Shadow 18:59 25 Oct 2003

I have had this worm many a time now, but the weird thing is they only seem to come on days which have a 'y' in their name (think about it...)

Teknik 11:43 26 Oct 2003

thanks,, I've not been able to get back to you all because this site was down, but I'll run Stinger now, VoG; and thanks to you, palinka (weird name that, "Decom,, " whatever, lol !

Teknik 13:22 26 Oct 2003

it seems the computer is clean according to Stinger; thanks Vog. I keep the updates in check too but thanks Fateful Shadow. Guess if I stay away from the account it might be closed down by Yahoo? I could start afresh?

Thanks to you all anyway ;-))
Teknik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts