w 10 laptop freezing and running very slow

Newuser2 10:40 09 Nov 2016

Laptop takes ages to boot up and after a short while once it is up and running it freezes. Its running Windows 10. Any help much appreciated

Govan1x 11:58 09 Nov 2016

Try disc clean up and run that when it has finished scanning click on clean up system files and run that and remove what it finds. Do not tick any of the other boxes if you do not know what you are doing.

I would also have a look in Device Manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks. Have you ran any security programs or changed any lately.

Nancy166 12:42 09 Nov 2016

Had the same problem, followed all the advice but nothing worked. Finally removed the lot and went back to Windows 8. Perfect! I'm no techie and I hope you find an answer through them.

Nancy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 09 Nov 2016

start, settings, update and security, reset

follow the options to keep your data.

Newuser2 20:25 09 Nov 2016

Hi guys thanks for the advice, Govan1x, done that no difference Fruit Bat/\0/\ will give your advice a try. I'll post back with results

Newuser2 10:28 10 Nov 2016

Nancy166 it came with W10 pre loaded so I guess we are stuck with it. I ran CCleaner that cleaned tons of ** off and has helped a bit Tried to install updates last night, it crashed a couple of times and then hung updating flash player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Samsung Galaxy Fold : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique