VPN - how to connect

sam2004 22:47 07 Aug 2004

Hi, i would like somone to use a VPN connection to send pictures to my home network.

however, although i understand how VPN works i am not sure how st set up a vpn connection for the above purpose.

i know i need to know my IP address, and i can find it out. although it is the 'file placing' but i find trouble with.

i would like to know how i can let VPN users access a file(s) to put the photos in.

Any Help Is Much Apprechated
Sam3004

Chegs ® 23:30 07 Aug 2004

Not sure howto setup VPN,but try click here VNC is very easy to setup,install it,input your password/IP address,get whoever you want to connect to with the same prog,give them the password/IP address(if your on dialup,it changes everytime you connect)and set a folder on your PC for "Sharing"(little hand appears under it)and put the files into it.Then,whenever your online,they should be able to access this folder without difficulty.(but networks have a habit of winding up the administrator,you!) :-)

Chegs ® 00:17 08 Aug 2004

I see its ticked,did you find out howto setup VPN or have you followed my advice over VNC?

Chegs ® 00:20 08 Aug 2004

Via email...

Thankyou for your help :-) Please try not to mention networks winding me up. windows 95 is THE worst! One of the pcs running that will only acccept certian Ethernet Cards (if human, ones with: candy, sweets, buscuits, eat-all-you-can vouchers...) :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?