vista+sony camcorder DCR-TRV16E

iceskater 13:02 05 Jan 2009

I have tried to download camcorder film from DCR-TRV16E to Dell XPS 420 using the Pixela Imagemaker ver 1.0 sotware and it won't work. The imagemaker software will not load the sony USB driver onto my PC. I believe this is not compatible with Vista?? It all worked fine with my old Windows software, it's just vista. Any ideas please, my camcorder is excellent and I don't want to ditch it? Will it work with a i link cable IEEE-1394. This is new territory for me! Thank you.

innerfusion 14:30 27 Mar 2009

You're right, Imagemaker is not compatible with Vista. No upgrade is available from Pixela but if you live in the US you can download a new software from Sony.com by entering your product details online. Hard luck if you live in Europe; the product site will just point you to sites where you can purchase a new software. We obviously don't mind being treated as lesser customers here in Europe.

Woolwell 14:54 27 Mar 2009

I've got a TRV15E and I simply connect it to my Vista PC by firewire (i-link) and can import using Windows Movie Maker and any other video editing software. You shouldn't need a driver for Vista as it ought to be built into Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Sam Falconer transforms science and geology into digestible, elegant illustrations

HomePod review

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2018)