Vista - send to menu

profi 01:11 02 Mar 2007

'email recipient' does not appear on the 'send to' menu in Vista. How can I add it?

bennyhillslovechild 01:19 02 Mar 2007

Hmmmm - works for me okay. Send to -> Mail Recipient - I'm using Outlook 2003 if that makes a difference.

profi 01:25 02 Mar 2007

I'm using Windows Mail (tho Outlook 2003 is installed too), but when I right-click a picture and select 'send to' the option of 'email recipient' is not there - and I can't find the 'send to' menu to edit.

bennyhillslovechild 01:27 02 Mar 2007

to edit the send to menu in vista:

C:\Users\[LogonId]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

profi 01:49 02 Mar 2007

Thanks - I'm almost there! I've tried to add a shortcut to the 'send to' list, but the nearest I can get is a shortcut which opens Windows Mail, not actually placing the picture in an outmail. What am I missing?

bennyhillslovechild 04:06 02 Mar 2007

Well, technically this is an XP fix, so may not work under Vista - but worth a try.

click here

Just remember the file path to get there will be different

profi 08:13 02 Mar 2007

With grateful thanks to bennyhillslovechild, I now have the email recipient option.
The first part of the fix (unregister) didn't work as sendmail was not recognised. However (after setting a restore point, just in case) the second part did. TVM.

profi 10:40 03 Mar 2007

Although I marked this as resolved, I have since discovered a new (and better) route to achieve what I was after - which may be of interest to others. If you open Windows Photo Gallery, the task bar offers 'email' as a standard option. Highlight the picture, hit email, and an outmail opens up in Windows Mail (after a resizing option).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?