Vista Install

woodchip 20:16 25 Jun 2007

If you think you are having Problems Installing VISTA read This. click here

Me I have just been trying all afternoon in Wet South Shorkshire, to do a simle job, well should be! install a Lexmark All In one Printer on VISTA. It looks to me as if VISTA is a WINDOWS too far

woodchip 21:20 25 Jun 2007

Tried a Restore but it still asked for Lexmark Driver when it rebooted. There must be a little man inside it just wanting to annoy me

woodchip 21:24 25 Jun 2007

PCWORLD told him to do a repair. So will see what happens on Thursday as he said he would ring me to tell me what was going on

skidzy 21:28 25 Jun 2007

System Restore Woodchip ?
Or factory settings restore ?

The little Lexmark man hides over xp Woody,can be a pain at times.
Ive had plenty of dealings with lexmark and the registry paths and still cannot find them all.

You must make sure its disconnected from the usb,though i dont need to tell you that ha ha.

Let me know how you get along woodchip.

skidzy 21:32 25 Jun 2007

Just a thought,this might come in handy click here

woodchip 21:36 25 Jun 2007

Will soon find out later this week. He was on about taking it back. Cannot remember the one that I chose to restore but there was a list in F8 I have a feeling it was a System file restore. this would not remove the software and reg entries. He was supposed to create a DVD when he started the comp, He did not. but the Icon is still on the desktop to do so. It says if you only have the one chance to create a backup restore disc

skidzy 21:50 25 Jun 2007

Thats correct,you get a once only option to create the dvd backup.

However also using F11 on an Emachine should give you the option to factory settings restore.

This sounds like he needs to factory reset,and then make the drivers the first install.This i have found easiest with vista.
Then create a recovery/restore dvd.This will be availble again if he decides to factory reset again.

I have 2 emachines that work this way running xp.

Disk management will tell you if he has the recovery/restore partition.

woodchip 15:42 26 Jun 2007

Does it say on the front of the box Esystems?

skidzy 20:46 26 Jun 2007

" Does it say on the front of the box Esystems "?

Do you mean the restore partition woodchip or are you refering to the 2 Emachines i have.

Just a thought,is Esystems the new name for Emachine.
Emachine used to be Gateway i think.

woodchip 21:16 26 Jun 2007

The computer I went to said it on the front of the comp. As to you last word is E Machine a E System? I think it is, its just a new Name

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus