Virus removal tool

lintony 19:26 24 Sep 2003

My Norton has stopped and quarantined a virus in my computer. It is called Worm.Automat.AHB

Does nayone know of a tool for getting rid of it from my computer.

MAJ 19:33 24 Sep 2003

It's also known as [email protected]

Removal tool: [email protected]" title="http://securityresponse1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

MAJ 19:35 24 Sep 2003

Hope this works [email protected]" title="http://securityresponse1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

MAJ 19:36 24 Sep 2003

Enter [email protected] into the Symantec search click here

expertec 19:42 24 Sep 2003

lintony, this is the link click here

expertec 19:50 24 Sep 2003

If Norton has quarantined it you shouldn't need a removal tool you can just go into quarantine and delete it. Which version of Norton are you running?

nick_j007 21:08 24 Sep 2003

Can I shoulder in a bit here as I am being totally bombarded by this virus since its launch.
I have taken the advice of expertec and deleted them all from my quarantine list (there were 32!).
Can I stop these coming to me in some way? I did experiment with Mail Washer, but just found myself dealing with two prog's then (M.W & O.E.) If it was not for this current spat I get on everage 2/3 spam per day, so I live with it and add to blocked senders list as they come in. This [email protected] virus comes in many forms all along the MS Update line though.
So, in the absence of Mail washer can I do anything people?

Thank you,

Nick Jones

MAJ 21:16 24 Sep 2003

"I did experiment with Mail Washer, but just found myself dealing with two prog's then (M.W & O.E.)"

What do you mean by dealing with two programmes, the idea of using Mailwasher is to delete them before they even get as far as OE.

nick_j007 21:29 24 Sep 2003

Hello MAJ and thanks for the reply.

I may well be missing the point here, but I found that I would be using Mailwasher to sort them out first off, then going to O.E. anyway to reply and open etc. I have NAV going so I am protected as well as I can be in O.E.
It's getting late, and I'm talking myself into an ever decreasing circle I think.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?