virus problem

blind_gr 16:57 01 Nov 2003

hello guys
unfortunately i run a .exe programme and then..I am using xp pro as a os.
so when i biit my and i go to the desctop i find that i cannot open any desctop sortcuts.also i cannot run ane exe programme,surf in the internet and off course i cannot run any antivirus,because i get the message that windows cannot open the .exe programme and it tells me to access the internet to find software to run .exe,of course i cant
also i tried to restore my pc,but it cannot find any previous restore point.i cannot see the callendar that supposes to be on the left on the screen
at the end,cuase i have lan,i tried to scan my hdd from the other pc,but i scan only 2-3 files fro my full 70 gb hdd!
my mp3 files and divx still works.when i try to run a antivirus software from my cd-rom,i get the same message that windows cannot open this kind of programmes!
any suggestions plz,except format?:)

P.S sorry 4 my english 2

MichelleC 17:16 01 Nov 2003

To run an online av scan click here If not post back.

slysy 17:21 01 Nov 2003

If you are running XP, why not use the System Restore Point Utility.
Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore (default)

Use this to restore to a point before you ran the .EXE.

Then try running A virus Scan.

If in doubt always create a Restore Point, before installing any software or drivers.

Regards,

Sly SY

blind_gr 17:22 01 Nov 2003

the problem is that i cannot run any programmes eirther access the net:(

Belatucadrus 17:24 01 Nov 2003

Have you tried booting from the windows CD instead of the hard drive ?

blind_gr 17:25 01 Nov 2003

i always have a restore point,but when i tried to access it i cannot find.probably the virus hit this too...

blind_gr 17:29 01 Nov 2003

Belatucadrus
no i did not tried this,cause my cd is far away.maybe i try to find one.thx anyway

VoG II 09:23 02 Nov 2003

I suspect that you have click here

Scroll down to "-- Update September 19th 13:00 PST --" and get the fixswen.inf file to repair the registry then run the removal tool.

blind_gr 15:11 02 Nov 2003

dear tom
i try what you said,but i when i put my floopy into my drive windows cannot open this file.then i right click it and there is nowhere any choice to install.just to open it,copy etc.maybe i have to copy it to my hdd somewhere?
thx anyway

VoG II 15:17 02 Nov 2003

Who is tom?

If you are talking about the fixswen.inf file, you have to download it to C: (if C is the letter for your hard drive). Then find it in Windows Explorer and right click it.

blind_gr 16:18 02 Nov 2003

vog i mean,u know keyboards in laptops are much more different,heh
finally i can run all my files thanks to you and some changes i have made to registry entry
now i am running an on-line scan
thanks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?