Virus found in email

rawprawn 07:21 08 Sep 2003

I received two emails this morning and AVG warned me that one contained a virus., but didn't tell me which. They were from EBay & [email protected] so I suspect the latter. This posting is just a warning, & to see if others have had this. I deleted both emails to be on the safe side.

rawprawn 09:21 08 Sep 2003

I was unable to find a way to "erase" or shred the emails, so I just deleted them unopened, is that OK, I am using AVG & it told me I had a virus in an email but there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish which email ( I received 2) or to isolate and shred any detected virus. I ran a full system scan before & after deleting & found nothing.

rawprawn 09:23 08 Sep 2003

I have mailwasher, but I get so few emails I hardly ever use it,but from now on !!! Thanks any way to all.

Nosmas 09:34 08 Sep 2003

Fortunately although I have AVG, I have never received a virus via an email. I would have thought however that AVG would have notified you immediately it had scanned th incoming email. Are you sure that the box entitled "Use Outlook Express 5 Plugin" on the E-mail Scanner tab of AVG Control Centre is checked (ticked)? Or did your warning message display after running a Complete Test of your system?

rawprawn 12:29 08 Sep 2003

My email scanner is ticked & if I open it, It says no other action is needed. I am running Outlook not Otlook Express. AVG notified me that there was a virus as I downloaded, but when I pressed OK (no other alternative) It just closed the box. Then without opening the Email I did a complete scan & it found nothing so I deleted both emails.

Belatucadrus 12:37 08 Sep 2003

It could be a Heuristic false alarm, when I was using AVG it regularly threw up a warning when I received the Novatech newsletter and avast isn't too keen on Freeserve circulars.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Games of Thrones previs kings The Third Floor on the importance of visualisation

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment utiliser Instagram sur un Mac ?