Virginmedia Hub 3....No wireless printing!!

julius44 05:15 29 Apr 2017
Answered

Hello and good morning to you all. I need some help asap please. I have an Epson Stylus SX235W printer, and I am running windows 10. I had my virgin media Superhub 3 installed yesterday(I used to have superhub 1). My printer will not connect to the wireless network any more, but all my other devices are ok. I know that the superhub has 2.4ghz and 5ghz, and it seems that my printer CANNOT connect to 5ghz wireless frequency, .......so is there a way that I can still have BOTH frequencies in the wireless settings but for my printer to only look for the 2.4ghz frequency so it can connect wirelessly again please??

Any help advice would be much appreciated. Jules

difarn 18:03 29 Apr 2017
Answer

The dual band router should transmit in both frequencies. Have you tried setting up your printer by pressing the wifi button the printer control panel for 3 seconds then pressing the WPS button on your router within the next two minutes. The logo should start flashing and pairing should take place.

Have you checked that the drivers for your printer are up to date?

Govan1x 01:10 30 Apr 2017

Using virginmedia if the printer can only work using 2.4Gh set it to that and disable the 5ghz everything else should still work using the 2.4 settings.

BT 09:12 30 Apr 2017

I've not got the VM hub3 but my SX235W works perfectly on my Hub2 with both wavelengths active.

julius44 12:52 30 Apr 2017

thanks for all your help, and a special thank you to @difarn, I tried what you suggested, and I pressed the WPS button on the router, and I pressed the wi fi button on my printer, and after about 2-3 minutes the wifi button on my printer stayed on green and ive tested it out, and it works perfectly!!!

How do I click the resolve button on this post now please??

difarn 15:13 30 Apr 2017

Good news.

You should be able to show that problem is resolved by clicking on the button at the end of your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?