viewsonic tft monitor problems

wonderwill 12:20 01 May 2006

I have the above monitor and about 3/4 weeks ago I awoke it to find that I had 4 vertical yellow bars about 25 mm wide and a number of horizontal lines 4 mm thick. It disappeared for a while and reappears on occasion but seems to be doing so more frequently. Any thoughts? Is it on the way out?

Methedrine 12:55 01 May 2006

Might not be the monitor.

I would be looking at the graphics card first. Are all the cables/plugs fastened in tightly? Have you tried taking out the card and reseating it?

wonderwill 12:57 01 May 2006

silly question but how do I reset the graphics card?

Harpur 13:11 01 May 2006

he means reseating it. you do this by opening the case and push the card into the slot to make sure it is making a good connection. i would think it is the card as corruptions like are general caused by them. what type is it and how old.. also what precisely are you doing when this corruption occurs

wonderwill 21:00 04 May 2006

I posted the following and received advice that my Graphich card may be at fault. I have checked all connections and tried reseating the card but still ge t the same problem. Is there a diagnostic program to check the card?

I have the above monitor and about 3/4 weeks ago I awoke it to find that I had 4 vertical yellow bars about 25 mm wide and a number of horizontal lines 4 mm thick. It disappeared for a while and reappears on occasion but seems to be doing so more frequently. Any thoughts? Is it on the way out?

Harpur 21:45 04 May 2006

if you have access to another monitor try it for a week. if nothing happens then it is not the monitor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts