Viewing photos on DVD

PhiltheFragger 18:41 09 Sep 2008

I want to put a load of jpeg pictures onto a DVD so mother can simply slot the DVD into her DVD player linked to her TV

What is the simplest way to do this

PC has XP and I have nero 6 installed

Cheers

Fragger

MIke 19:16 09 Sep 2008

Depends on DVD player. Some allow you to play jpgs back from a disc, but probably the easiest is to make a slideshow of the photos you want using something like ProShow gold from photodex.com
You then burn tyhe show to a dvd which plays like a standard DVD. You have to ensure your mother's DVD player is able to play burned DVD's e.g I have a player that will only play burned DVD-R discs DVD+RW but not DVD-RW.

Not sure if Nero has the ability to do the same as Proshow Gold.

eedcam 22:34 09 Sep 2008

You can make a slide show for free with windows movie maker and then export and burn to dvd with Nero or just use nero youneed to use vision express .You can check if the dvd player will play the jpegs thats the quickestway .Just burn the Folders to disc then the software in the dvd player will sort it out

woodchip 22:39 09 Sep 2008

I think you will find a CD best to put pictures on, also Player as to be compatible to play picture Files. Best format is Jpeg burned as a Data CD in Nero

mammak 23:03 09 Sep 2008

I agree with woodchip,much easier burning JPEGs to CD in XP,if viewing photos is all you want to do...this format would probably be the best for play-back on most DVD players.

But if a DVD is what you would like to burn, then,follow this link here for using Windows Movie Maker, as eedcam has already suggested.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?