Viewing Computer from TV

mark-pc 17:58 27 Oct 2014

How would I setup my TV to view data on my Mac. Photos etc? Is it possible to view the Computer Screen on the TV via networking through my Hub?

I have my Smart TV connected to my Hub and I can connect to the Internet on TV but when I select Media Server on the TV it doesn't detect anything.

Ian in Northampton 18:34 27 Oct 2014

It's certainly possible - I can see media files elsewhere on the network from my Samsung Smart TV. Samsung offers its own version (AllShare) of DLNA that enables this. I think I'm right in saying, you basically need to set up a DLNA network. Easy to say, perhaps less easy to do...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:37 27 Oct 2014

you need something on your MAC / PC to act as a media servia for the TV to find.

My Humax box will pick up windows media player and stream anything off it to the Humax / TV

Obviously itunes should act as a media server on the MAC

mark-pc 21:23 27 Oct 2014

Thank you both. So is this possible with the connection I have?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 27 Oct 2014

Yes you need to enable the media server on the TV (make and model?) and have your MAC running with itunes open.

mark-pc 07:24 28 Oct 2014

Thanks again

mark-pc 09:38 28 Oct 2014

mmmmm, I have sharing enabled in iTunes Preferences but TV is not picking it up as a Media Server?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:00 28 Oct 2014

Have you turned on the server in the TV settings.

mark-pc 10:06 28 Oct 2014

I can't find any options to switch on, but when I elect the Media Server the Server Screen opens but does not find anything.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:20 28 Oct 2014

Anything here?

mark-pc 10:33 28 Oct 2014

Thank you but no. My TV is a few years old now and different software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs