View your postings - A short term solution

wee eddie 16:45 30 Aug 2005

Right click on the link in the PCA Forum > Highlight "Add to Favorites" > Place in a specially created Folder in your Favorites.

Now, can we let the matter drop!

woodchip 16:50 30 Aug 2005

But what a pain doing that for each thread

wee eddie 17:00 30 Aug 2005

Anything that interested me, has been recorded that way, those threads which I had nothing particular to add, but wished to be able to follow.

powerless 17:01 30 Aug 2005

It's a 3 second job.

Pain?

roygbiv 17:09 30 Aug 2005

Perhaps FE should put up details, for everyone to do the same. perhapps at the top of the page (by list of forums??)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 30 Aug 2005

The whole point is that the FE does not want anyone accessing the data base of old threads untill the problem has been fixed.

By posting a way to get at MY Postings (with best intentions)you are not helping the current problem.

Teaboy 17:17 30 Aug 2005

All right then I wont do it. But it is a good idea!

powerless 17:20 30 Aug 2005

Not for old threads.

"A short term solution"

Threads [present day], will not effect my postings!

Chegs ® 17:45 30 Aug 2005

I will not access the "My Postings" section of the site,as requested by Peter but surely using the "Add to Favs" isn't going to use the PCA servers "My Postings" database.I'm asking as my main browser at PCA is Avant,and I always select "Save all open pages and exit" to close it,this means that the Helproom main page say today is the one that Avant looks for when I next open the browser.As this can be upto a week apart[if I can refrain from visiting EVERY day:-) ]then surely THIS will be also extracting the resources from their wobbly database?

wee eddie 17:58 30 Aug 2005

All my links are on my PC.

FE has not asked us not to use, either "Search", or to go back many pages as I don't think that this will affect the Database in any way.

About once a month, or so, I prune the list, otherwise it gets out of hand.

wee eddie 17:59 30 Aug 2005

All my links are on my PC.

FE has not asked us not to use, either "Search", or to go back many pages as I don't think that this will affect the Database in any way.

About once a month, or so, I prune the list, otherwise it gets out of hand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)